Saturday, December 21, 2013

Our First Guest

How lucky we are to have my parents as our first guest this Christmas season. Nothing like company to make the holidays a bit more festive. My parents took the 22+ hour flight to join us for 3+ weeks. 
Day #2 and I have sympathy jet lag. I think I was so worried about them having terrible jet lag that I have not slept a full nights sleep in a couple of days and now I'm the one who is tired at 3 in the afternoon. Them they are fine. How 2 people 70+ years in age does it I don't know. I'm the one falling asleep on the coach at 8:30p, don't ask I'm pathetic. 

They arrived safe and sound with 6 checked bags and 2 carry ons. Their bags weighed more than 430lbs. Now you ask why?  Groceries!  6lbs of bumble bee tuna, 6lbs of black beans, 2 lbs of tahini, 5 boxes of cereal ( yes it is big K brand) 32oz of egg noodles, syrup, crackers, all the ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip x4 ( thanks Bets my boys are very happy about that) baking chocolate and more food than I know what to do with. Weird stuff I know but we are psyched with all this weird stuff. :)

First night we arrived home at 1:30am and proceeded to stay up until 3am chatting and having a glass or two. Shockingly they were up at 8:30am. 

They have met Biayoon who is amazed with my parents and calls my dad Peepaw (which is what my kids call him) and Khun Maeow. After a day my parents are already complaining about cleaning up after themselves on the 2 days that Khun Maeow doesn't work. Lol. My mom says really we have to make our own bed ;). 

First day out Erin, my mom and I head out and I decide foot massage. Why not?  I'm trying to tell my mom what to expect before we walk in but it doesn't matter. She cracks me up. Do you realize that it doesn't matter how loud you talk to someone who doesn't speak the same language as you this person is still not going to understand what your saying. Lol. The foot massage place is a place for relaxation. It is very quiet, the music is very low, and no one talks. Mom we'll lets just say not so much at least in the beginning. First thing is they wash your feet. She is trying to explain to the woman washing her feet why her toe nail is missing. Speaking louder and louder. I shake my head knowing that this woman is not understanding my mom, hello she doesn't speak English. They move us to the massage room which is in front of a huge window looking out on the street. My mom literally talked for the first 8 minutes. I'm trying to tell her to shhh that you don't talk but she doesn't have her hearing aid in on the side I'm on and can't hear me. Just when she is getting louder and becoming somewhat of an annoyance ;) she becomes quiet and within 15 minutes she is silent and within 30 minutes she is snoring. Lol. 
Before we go into the parlor she is telling me that dad is going to be upset and maybe we should wait for dad for foot massages, as she goes on about this I ignore her and proceed with us getting one. After the hour is up she claims that was the best thing she has ever had and can we do this every day and better yet can I hire one to come to the house everyday. Yes she was no longer singing the poor dad tune. 





After massages I have Biayoon drive us down Beach Rd.  She is looking out trying to find something nice to say (believe me it is hard) about where we live. My mom notices ALL the bars and sees the different nationality bars. She asks oh look there is a Norwegian bar has Walter been?  Lol nope Walter has not been to that bar or really any bars on Beach Rd. Thank goodness😝 

First evening we go to one of our favorite restaurants Khun John. Great Thai food!



Day 2 was lots of cards, the Hunger Games Tournament has begun. Walter thinks he is in the lead but that's because he hasn't played a game. ;) Dad and Erin seem to be battling for first. Me, I'm the beatle bomb but what else is new. 

Out to late lunch Saturday on the beach. Having so much fun we missed church. Oops!
It was a beautiful day!



Maybe this is why we missed church. 


Cheers
😘 M

No comments:

Post a Comment