Thursday, May 28, 2015

Oh the places you'll go

She's off, she's flyin, she will move mountains!  Oh the Places she'll go!

Erin's graduated. My baby girl how is that possible. When she was little I always sang to her You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. The words ring so true for her. She really can make make me happy when my skies are gray. Everyone loves Erin. Her name in Gaelic means peace maker - so fitting for her. Jack and Andrew will miss Erin and Ryan, well, he is luckiest of us all, he gets her close by. The boys talk to her about everything. She is strong, sensitive and so smart. How did I get so lucky. 

When we moved to Thailand she was so full of doubt but she was all for our move. She was able to see the future and know what the endless benefits it would bring her. How right she was. She was scared of IB. Many times I had to talk her off the ledge of uncertainty. I knew she had it in her to take on the challenge. She persevered and was more successful than I could have ever imagined. Awards, honors and a true respect from the entire faculty, she has earned her diploma. 

Isn't this why we have children, we want them to be better then ourselves and have a bright future. We want them to grow, be happy, independent and successful in whatever they chose. I am so excited for her but I also feel the loss. I will miss her. The house won't be the same without her.  Walter and I couldn't be prouder of her but for us it is bittersweet. For the last month she is with us I will just enjoy her company and relish in the fact that she will no longer bury herself in her room for hours on end studying. I will spend time with her and just try to whoop her a$$ a few times in cards as we just talk, hang out and enjoy the last few moments we have together. 

Her future is bright!


From preschool to high school graduation



Loving having her brother here. 



Cheers and a little tears from the other side
😘 M

No comments:

Post a Comment