Thursday, January 16, 2014

Empty House

And they all left me!  Ryan left in the beginning of January so I was left with 7. 

The mass exodus of my house started Sunday. 

Andrew 7am off to school to catch his flight to Chiang Mai ( northern Thailand). For the week Andrew is at The Cave lodge in the Mae Song province to go cave exploring and walk the mountain to the hill tribe a local Karen Village to spend 2 days helping the school with English and General grounds work. They have watched the sunrise over the local hills, visited 3 different caves (Tham Lod, Hair and Tortoise) (don't know why they are named that hopefully Andrew will be able to explain when he gets home) and kayaking. I have received about 4 texts from him with either yes, cool or ok so he MUST be having a great time. Thank goodness for the FB page of my kids school or I would think he might be up the road at the local hangout with his friends. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Erin's turn was Monday at 7am to catch a flight to Krabi to catch a boat to another island Khao Yao Noi. She is spending the week kayaking and working on her survival skills, guess those might come in handy when I send her off to college next year. I have received many texts from her, like oh mom it is gorgeous you would love it and won the fire starting contest. Have also received pictures of her toes in the sand and selfies with her girls friends with the duck face and weird peace sign. Yep she MUSt be having fun. 

Wondering if my kids are actually attending school here in Thailand or Walter and I are just indulging our kids in all these wonderful trip that we don't go on. It is this fabulous school that my very fortunate kids are attending. Thanks Big K!  It is Round Square week at Regents. 
Round Square international schools are on 5 continents and there are only about 100 schools. They are a school based on strong commitment, beyond academic excellence, to personal development and responsibility. Round Squares approach promotes 6 IDEALS of learning: Internationalism, Democracy, Environment, Adventure, Leadership and Service. These are incorporated into the curriculum thoughtout all schools. Round Square Week is a chance for students to leave the classroom and experience these IDEALS elsewhere. All trips offered have to cover at least half of the IDEALS. 
Andrews covers all and Erin's covers 4. Hers are important because it is part of her graduation from IB.

Tuesday my parents left. If your on FB then you hopefully saw my post. It was awesome having them here. We had an absolute ball. 4 weeks of family in my house filled me up with lots of energy and love to last me hopefully until summer. 

Wednesday - Walter left. Back to work traveling. Singapore. Lucky man!  Have heard so many wonderful things about that country but have not gone myself. Have to make it a priority before this insanely crazy life I live is over and back to the American dream. (That was said in a very sarcastic voice). Lol. 

My house is QUIET as I yell to no one. 

Jack and I all by ourselves as he goes to his room and jumps on his computer and headphones to chat with his friends that he just left 30 minutes ago before I can hang out with him. Oh to be 10 and left alone with your mother. Agggggg!  Lol

Back to my reality as I know it. Friday 2 of the 3 that left are back but then Jack flies the coop for a sleepover with a buddy. Walter comes back Saturday only to leave again Monday. 

Thankfully I have found a handful of women that tolerate my existence and I have a few very full days. Expat women get the let down that comes when guests leave. 

6 months living in Thailand and life almost (that word used loosely) seems normal as I sit in the car behind my driver watching a baht bus full of Russians taking selfies, 1000s of motorbikes whisking by, Soi dogs running amok and a ladyboy walking down the street. Oh and I forgot the chickens that are running alongside the street. 

Don't you want to come and visit???

Cheers from the other side
๐Ÿ˜˜ M

No comments:

Post a Comment