Friday, January 17, 2014

It's a double entry! Woohoo

After an entire week of being gone on these amazing trips Erin and Andrew are home. 

Hardly any sleep was had by either all week. These incredible experiences (without their mother I add) 
One talked non stop and told me how tired they were but could barely take a breath telling me all about it. The other, nothing, BUT I have a new girlfriend and I kissed her. WHAT. REALLY!  
Can you guess who?  Well the gender might give it away of the new friend. 

Seriously this is what has come home. 

Erin is on this amazing trip with all these friends from all over the world (she is the only American of 15 kids) and they discuss the wars and she feels like she is constantly defending her country. I ask her what happened to discussing the band One Direction and the favorite song. She rolls her eyes. She discusses which country was right or wrong during the Cold War and who helped who during WWII. They also discuss 9/11 which brings out some strong opinions. All these kids from all over the world have been taught differently and she is amazed by the difference in their opinions. Listening to her I'm am mind boggled that this is MY daughter. I think the only thing I discussed in HS was Michael Jackson vs Van Halen and favorite beer brand. (sorry M & D). This is when I realize that this school is doing a very good job of raising an extremely worldly student. Oh the things this girl will do!
Seriously I am just learning about this history now because of her. 
Who is she and what happened to my daughter. Lol. 

Andrew on the other hand well I guess he is right on track for being 13. Though the relationship is not "FB official" he is loving life. He loved his trip and saw amazing things. The caves were AMAZINg said by him. The Hair cave was because of the amount of stalagmites hanging with moss, the Tortoise because it has a carving resembling a tortoise. He stayed in a stilted house 1 night above the water buffaloes but got very little sleep because of the roosters that started at 4:30am. (My dad and I can relate to that bc of Cambodia). His hut one night had a tin roof where you could leave a hand print.  Poor guy can hardly get a word in with Erin. 
 He speaks in meters, Celsius and military time all of which I struggle. 

It is 8:14 at night and both kids are in bed asleep. I take that as a very good week away!!!

Jack out for a sleepover and I am alone again.  This is my life, wouldn't change a thing!


Cheers from the other side of the world!
😘 M


No comments:

Post a Comment