Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Michigan Adventures

No time like the present to try to and see as much of Michigan as we can before we jet off on our big adventure.  We have gone and done more things in this last month.  We just got back from Sleeping Bear Dunes, Traverse City, the U.P, Mackinaw Island, and Tahquemenon Falls.  Incredible five days of sights.  Who knew MI had so much to offer.  I was able to put my feet in 3 of the Great Lakes.  I would have made my mom proud had she seen me reading all the informational signs and googling stuff.  I know more about the UP than ever.  I actually know what the UP is now.  ;)

Leaving gives you this great need to get everything in.  We have tried to see so much, go places we have never been and spend time with as many of our family and friends as possible.  Wish we were able to see everyone. 

Who knew living in Michigan would produce such great friendships for both our kids and Walter and I.  Sometimes I feel fortunate to have moved so often just because of the friends we have made in so many places.  It is hard to leave but we look forward to the adventure ahead. 

 Overlooking Tahquemenon Falls
 At the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island
 Mackinaw Bridge
Steps to Sleeping Bear Dunes

Lower Tahquemenon Falls

View at Dinner / Lake Michigan


No comments:

Post a Comment