Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Roller Coaster

The anticipation of riding a roller coaster is like nothing else for some. You may have thought about it for days or have planned for months. Once at the park you quickly get to the ride then stand in line sometimes for hours. All with excitement and the thrill of being thrown into the unknown. The final moment arrives and finally the time has come to get on. Whatever type of safety harness straps you in and then in the final moments before takeoff about to be expelled into the air....... Your brain takes over and you want to scream WAIT!!!  With thoughts of changing your mind because reality has become real and now your scared of the what ifs..  

Today was my roller coaster ride. I got on the airplane and doubts started creeping into my head being scared of the what ifs. Of course it was to late but those feelings were very real. Being a somewhat rational person I didn't succumb to my fears, plus I would have scared the sh..... out of my kids ðŸ˜ģ. Instead I took a deep breath and reminded myself of one of my favorite quotes. 
"Surrender to what is
Let go of what was
Have faith in what will be".       Sonia Ricotti

Let the ride begin!

Welcome to Thailand. 

We are here safe and sound. Even the driver or 2 drivers ( since we had 22 bags) drove without scaring us to death. We are back at the Amari which the kids are psyched about. It is now 4am and jet lag has begun.  We don't move into our house until next week. A week at the Amari I'm not sure I can handle it 😜. The swim up bar is calling my name.   

Cheers 
M
     

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Maggie! How exciting! I'm sure you will love your new life there :)

    ReplyDelete