Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend #1

Reading through my blog today, boy it seems like I lead a life of privilege and adventures, okay really there is some truth to the adventure part, here everyday can be somewhat of an adventure. The expat life is full of hills, valleys and mountains when it comes to ones emotions.  Who wants to hear about that stuff though. Way more fun to write about all the fun stuff.  ðŸ˜Š

The isolation and loneliness can start to spread through my brain like a bad virus then a moment or weekend comes along and its the perfect medicine to make it all go away. 

We have had two very full weekends. Back to back weekends that were quite an experience in their own special way. First weekend in November, Erin's 17th birthday and a red carpet event. One of the best birthdays Erin has had in a long time said my daughter. Wish I could take credit but nope had nothing to do with it, just provided a house for sleepover and a driver to take them wherever they wanted to go. This is a clear example that she is fitting in nicely here and enjoying every moment. She has some pretty awesome friends. 

Walter, never one to disappoint me, after arriving from the US at 4am Saturday morning put on his dancing shoes that same night so we could pretend to be adults in the high society.  We dressed up like big people and attended a charity ball. It was a Red Carpet Gala event which raised money for a special charity called Women with a Mission. A charity since moving to Thailand I've come to know and love. Amazing woman that I fully admire. My dress was custom made by one of the local Indian woman for pennies. We ate, drank and danced and before long we were no longer acting like adults. Lol

Never knowing when to end a night we continued a smaller party at one of our new hangouts, Renedevouz.   This place is a small bar around the lake where we live. It is a strange place but most places in Pattaya are strange for various reasons. We go in to this bar and it's a simple regular bar with a pool table and stuff but the odd thing is a woman sits in a desk behind the bar and only pretty Thai girls work the bar and only white old fat foreign men are in attendance. Hello it's a Brothel!  Of course we stayed, well it was clean and they served a cold beer. At the time we just couldn't figure out why we were the only women customers and why they were looking at us like we were nuts. Nope they didn't bother our men at all though there might have been a few disappointed Thai girls. It was quite a fun night. Walter always the trooper after just arriving that morning hung with us till the end at about 3am that next morning. So much fun was had. 

A "little" bit of fun was had. I became a little over accessorized as the night went on. Lol


This was a very busy week. After the weekend was over I barely had time to recooperate LOL because Tuesday I was back on the party train at the Melbourne Cup viewing party in Bangkok. This was one of those events that my agreeing to something with no thought involved when making a decision just jumping in head first, some would call it impulsive I call it having fun, worked out for me. I really had NO idea what the Melbourne Cup was. I had absolutely No idea that it stops the entire nation, the entire work population of Australia gets off for a whole day to watch a 3 minute horse race. 
Fun Fact: Melbourne Cup is the richest two mile handicap in the world. Who Knew! 
Well actually I still dont know. Ha! The day started at 9:30am and lasted until 3:00 with a 3 minute horse race in between somewhere. The Bangkok viewing party is one of the largest viewing parties outside of Australia. What a PARTY. I have never seen such glamour. Fascinators galore. I didn't even know what a fascinator was until a few weeks ago.   There was a caberet show with the famous drag queen from Pattaya, a fashion show, dancing, raffles, 4 course luncheon and free flowing champagne. What a day. It was definitely one of those moments that I said to myself, is this truly happening and am I really here. 




Yes Walter works, the kids go to school and I try to have as much fun as possible. Isn't that why I moved to Thailand!  Wouldn't you?? 😜

Cheers
😘 M


No comments:

Post a Comment