Sunday, August 11, 2013

22 Boxes

Did you hear us, seriously did you hear us shouting for joy.  Yes they have arrived, our 22 boxes. Who knew 22 boxes could make 6 people so happy. 



Life has been so busy no time to keep up with my blog. I took 3 days off and didn't think that was possible. So much to write. Life is never dull. So many interesting things go on around us. 

Our life of crime has ended. We have returned everything to the Amari. Well almost all just not the TP. We really could have created a bad movie with our antics. I think this beautiful hotel was very worried about these crazy Americans. They even thought we left with out paying the bill. Saturday was our last night in the Amari.  We were at our house and just to tired to return there so we all slept at home, especially since we were so excited to all be together again.  The management thought we ditched the place and sent the maid to look in our rooms and saw that we didn't have anything in our rooms anymore. They were very concerned as you can imagine. ~I am sure they had watched us earlier in the day all go out at different times with our suitcases.  We showed up Sunday morning for one last breakfast on the 19th floor and to check out. Boy were they shocked to see us. This story about them checking on us was told to Walter while he was checking out. We had a really good laugh. I guess us moving there was lost in translation somewhere so they thought the 6 of us were on a very long vacation and couldn't understand our comings and goings. 

The unpacking is done. Beds are made, towels are stored. 6 cups, plates, forks, knives and pots and pans are placed in their spots. I am sure to be changed once I figure out this kitchen arrangement. New drying rack is put together and already drying clothes. This washer/dryer combo unit is turning into a washer only. The dryer takes at least 3 hours to dry anything. Hello, who has 3 hours to dry 3 towels when you have piles of clothes waiting to take their turn in this steel drum of a thing. Seriously it takes 1 hour just to wash clothes and when you have as much stuff to wash as we do laundry is becoming a daily/ hourly occurrence in my house. We are just going to be okay with scratchy towels. Jack has taken up nudeeeeee swimming in our pool. Funny how I seem to be okay with that since it cuts down on my wash. The other kids not so much. They are not happy at all about this new type of swimming by Jack. Jack can clear a pool super quick. 

I did pretty well with the planning of the boxes. Everyone's new bedding looks so cute in their rooms. Of course not everything is perfect. Yep Xbox, anyone who has boys will understand. I thought I packed the transformer (need this for any US appliance because it is 220v)  but it must be in our sea shipment. Unfortunately the Xbox will not work until we get that. Andrew and Jack are not very happy with me. I think they would have done without the cute matching sheets and towels if the Xbox would work. They will have to wait another 2 weeks before that shipment comes. 

My kids are loving the fact that they get to watch any movie that has come out in the states.  GrownUps 2 they saw that. Wolverine, I think it just came out in the theaters very recently, Ryan saw it.  All in the comfort of our own home. Actually someone said that the movies they are watching on DVD's are still only in the movie theaters in the US. Hmmm you ask how is that possible?  Don't ask me I left the life of crime, remember. ;). These people keep seeking us out anywhere we go to sell us DVDs so it must be legal here, right? ;). 

So our maid quit. Already, you say.  She worked for us for 2 days and is done. Turns out we are to much work for her. Really!!!  I have been trying to tell Walter that for years, he just won't let me quit. It is to bad I liked her. She spoke a little English and was very good. I love it when people tell me what I need. ๐Ÿ˜œ  Turns out she said we need a maid 3/4 days a week because "we have to many people, to big house, and dog, lots to do" (Okay now say that in your best Asian accent). So I'm back to finding a new maid. Khun Pien (that's her name) told me I needed a much younger girl for this kind of work. Same thing I have been telling Walter.  

Big Papa has another nickname, Water. Turns out Thai people can't pronounce L's and since they can't pronounce L's they don't hear the L when he says his name. So all over work he is referred to as Water. So when he makes a call at work they programmed the caller ID to come up as Water Elms. Also on his coat that he wears into the plant it says Welms. Again I got lots of material to bust on him regularly. He's a good sport and takes the abuse well. 
So new nickname Big Papa Water Welms.  It fits perfectly!!

Here is a present we were given last night by my new friend Anchan. She's a built in friend because she is a Big K employee. She is super sweet and extremely helpful, also she is Thai. These plants are potted in tree bark. This bark is from a type of palm tree and as the tree grows the bark ages and starts to curl out. The older bark is removed and formed into these pots. Very cool. The plant on the left is Jasmine and smells amazing. The one on the right I can't remember but it is given to people with new houses to bring them good fortune in their home. 


Thai fun fact: Today is the queens birthday.  Queen Sirkikit is 81. It is also Mother's Day here. 

Sad Fact:  Ryan leaves in 10 days. :(

Cheers 
๐Ÿ˜˜ M




No comments:

Post a Comment