Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dear Sparky

Hip hip hooray. You have arrived. I'm so glad you made it safe and sound. So sorry that it took so long and that your hungry. Seriously when are you not hungry. I think you are happy too, so much that you were trying to dig out of your cage when you saw me for the first time, or maybe it was your tail wagging so hard that you could barely keep your balance, or maybe when I was trying to fuss over you that you took off with Jack into the backyard and did a giant swan dive into the pool, or maybe when you slept so soundly on the kitchen floor you made your usual happy grunting sleep noises. 
We are glad you are with us. It makes this place feel a little more like home. 

Love,
Your Family

Lost a little weight but actually she looks great. She is happy and healthy!


Now to give you an idea how this is playing out. We received Sparky yesterday at our house. Our air shipment has not arrived. Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue ( that is what is running through my head in a very slow irritated voice). In our house we have plastic wrap beds, some furniture, TV and now wifi.  We don't have any sheets, towels, plates, cups or basically anything else unless I snuck it in my suitcase.  Feeling sorry for Sparky having been trapped in a cage for 3 days and fear of her being by herself in the house, Walter and Ryan volunteered to stay with her overnight ( I told you Walter really loves me, it's these subtle ways he shows me, lol). Okay I think it might have something to do with the way I nagged, maybe Walter would say whined, about it for 3 days about what we were going to do with Sparky since we weren't getting our stuff.   

I sneaked out pillows and towels from the Amari, ( don't worry I plan on sneaking it back in) Jack lent them his Phillies blanket, I gave them my green blanket. They were ready. I allowed them to take off the plastic wrap from the beds. ;)

The worst part of all is we have become toilet paper stealers ( no I am not returning that) yes this is what my life has succumbed too. TP stealers. This country is extremely stingy with their rolls. Their rolls have like 20 squares. I'm talking do you have a square to spare (Seinfeld anyone?). Now I know why people told me to put TP in my shipment.  We don't have a car yet so we have yet to go to the supermarket and every time we go to Family Mart ( think 7/11) we forget. We are staying in a hotel so one doesn't think about TP. The kids go to the night markets where they can get anything from Rolex, to Polo shirts, or Ray Bans but no TP sold there. 

Since trying to get some of our stuff to the house we just grabbed 2 rolls from our room. We were supposed to go to the store yesterday but with the dog showing up, interviewing the maid ( yeah that's another story), trying to get my 22 loads of laundry done in a washer that holds 6 things, and trying to get the air con working, there was no time. 

At the house yesterday we lived off of crackers, peanut butter, Nutella, (told you I had some strange things shoved in my suitcase) 2 waters I took from the hotel ( yes starting to lead a life of crime here) and coconut water that the gardener whacked down from our trees then continued to machete on our patio so we could drink the water inside and 2 rolls of 22 squared TP.  But Sparky was happy!  

Today, I have more TP shoved in my bag for the house but I think this life of stealing will end because we get our car.  SCARY!

Cheers
😘M

PS. Happy birthday to my mother in law Judy!  Love you!

PSS. Don't think my sister is reading this but Betsy if you do and in case you were worried ;) I have syrup in my suitcase.  Remember when we lived in Mexico and you calling me Elf with all my syrup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment