Saturday, April 6, 2013

Houses, houses and more houses - Day #2

Sawadee kaa / good morning or actually good evening for you. It's 5:30 am here
actually this is the beginning of day #3 for me but was just to exhausted last
night for my up date. I think my jet lag is getting better. I lasted till about
9:30pm before I went to bed and slept all night until about 5.   Happy Easter!
Yesterday was an exhausting and stressful day. You would think with all the
house shopping I have done in my years it would get easier but it never is and
then throw in 4 kids with an opinion and yikes so much to process.
We started our day with a long walk down beach road. This road runs directly in
front of the beach. This walk was at 7 am bc we were ALL awake. The walk was TO
long. Poor Jack and Andrew they were tired, I don't think it helped the day.  We
did get to see some sights and I'm not talking about objects I'm talking people.
This place is crowded. The prostitutes start early here. The beach in Pattaya is
crowded and very small. I took a few pictures and will attach later. Pattaya is
not a beach I would visit. We are going to a different beach today so I'm
curious.
We looked at about 10 houses and found 1 more to add to our favorites. This
house the kids fell in love with, okay I'll be honest me too.  It has a pool
inside that goes outside. Seriously inside the house was the pool. It was
totally cool, you swam under part of the house and you were outside. It was a
house out of the rich and famous and we are considering it. Which cracks me up.
Seriously though how can you pass up a house like that. When will we ever live
in a house with a pool inside. It's a big pool too no dinky little hot tub. The
house was beautiful. No Thai flair kind of reminded me of Mexico. It had the
most beautiful furniture and the kitchen was incredible. As you can see this
house had some wow factor. The only problem was it was right next to the
security guards house and you had to drive past the people who basically live in
the dirt to get to the neighborhood. The neighborhood is relatively new so
construction is happening and only 7 families live in the complex. The community
is completely secure not that a lot of crime happens in Thailand. Walter has a
bit of a problem with it to because our house will be better than his bosses.
Before we started this house hunting process we were asking to increase our
budget because our realtor said our housing budget was to small for our family
size and now he's like how can I ask for more money for a house that looks like
this. The funny thing is all the houses we looked at were the same price as this
one so any house was more than our budget but because this house is enormous and
has a pool inside Walters feeling a little stressed. The other houses were just
regular and nothing special. We are in a bit of a struggle.  We look at more
houses Monday.

We went to dinner with Walter's bosses wife, her kids and another women Walter
works with. Very nice people. Katie has lived here a little more than a year and
she has 2 small kids, 1 and 4.  Dion her husband is in New Zealand we will meet
him later this week.  Anchon is the other women and she is a Kellogg employee.
She is Thai. Very nice and extremely helpful. She works for Walter and Dion. 
Food is awesome here. I give my kids quite a lot of credit. They try everything.
Ryan ordered oysters tonight and they waitress actually like shows you how to
eat it. You put fresh tamarind on them with this spicy chili and I thought
Ryan's face was going to blow up. Hot like he said so hot he's never experienced
hot. They kids have been eating sushi for breakfast.

After dinner poor Andrew was exhausted. I'm surprised he made the walk home. He
walked into the room and climbed in bed. Erin, Jack and Andrew all in bed at
7:30 when does that happen. I made Walter take me out with Ryan because I had to
force myself to stay awake longer so I would sleep later. It worked. We walked
back down to our now favorite place Havana's. Buy one get one free Mojitos.
Can't beat that. Actually no Mojitos for me just a beer. They had a band playing
and dancers it was very cool.

Ryan is doing well. Poor guy has had some troubles with his ears. I think he has
an ear infection. The plane brought that on. The pressure made his ears all
clogged and now it's an infection. We got him some drops and he has been taking
Tylenol.

Jack is struggling with the TV. Most channels are in Thai, funny how that is. He
has been watching soccer because "you know mom I don't need to know what the
announcer is saying because I know soccer".  He gets frustrated with the tv if
no sports are on.

Andrew is saying way more than 10 words here. He seems to have an opinion about
everything these days. Walter and I said this talking actually might not be a
good thing anymore with all his opinions. :)  He is good but hot. He told me he
sweats to much here. You know mom I just have to walk outside and I sweat. He is
a sweaty kid. I didn't know he could sweat that much.

Erin is great. She will be speaking Thai very soon, thank god bc I will never. It
is hard. It's a very tonal language. Everyone loves her. She tries to learn new
words then tries to speak it with anyone and everyone. It is really funny. We
all want to speak Spanish to everyone. It's so funny. I guess being in a
different country makes us think Spanish.

Today we are meeting a family from Kalamazoo. I play tennis with her at the Y
and she moved here in February. It's weird I know. They are with a different
company. We are going to church with them then a restaurant and then the beach.
More on that later.

That's all I got now. I have to get ready to leave. Katy I'll try to Skype you
later this evening morning our time. Have a great Saturday night. I'm going to
celebrate Easter.

Love to all

M

 Even an Irish bar can be found in Thailand.
 Beach outside our hotel
 Need a drink?  This is one of MANY bars!!
 This is the house with the pool inside.  Nope not the one we chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment