Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Walter ~ Thankful that I swam in my pool for exercise today after talking about it for 6 weeks. 

Andrew ~Thankful that I ate awesome guacamole tonight. 

Jack ~ Thankful that we got to eat guacamole at this awesome Mexican restaurant tonight. 

Maggie ~ Thankful that I actually survived my first bike ride to tennis. (meaning I didn't get killed by another motor vehicle, motor bike or motor anything else that fills these Thai roads, or eaten by a dog, cat or any other animal that fills these Thai roads, or fall off the bike, and was able to pedal more than 1km) 

Erin ~ Estoy agradecido por el restaurante nuevo Mexicana que encontramos esta noche. (Erin wrote this) it means (I am thankful for the new Mexican restaurant we found tonight.) 

As you can see there is a bit of a theme tonight. Not on purpose and not common, we were just so excited to have found this authentic Mexican restaurant in the heart of Pattaya. It was delicious. 


Other Elms news
Jack: Played in his first football game and scored 3 for his team and 1 for the other (oops, not on purpose but by accident, bad trap on his part). His team won 6-5. Very close game. Jacks coach is extremely impressed with his "footy" skills. He played I think the entire game accept for maybe like a minute. One of the best parts about his game was Prayoon, our driver.  Prayoon sat on the side line cheering his heart out for Jack and stepping in to coach when the "coach" had to go off and coach year 5. Prayoon's son plays for an amateur football team in Bangkok so Prayoon is a big football fan. He has been watching his son play for a very long time. It was so cute how excited he was that Jack was in his first game. 

Not a great picture of Jack but that is Prayoon in the striped shirt standing next to the field. It was the first time someone was actually louder than Walter at Jacks game. 


Erin: She gave her speech for Red House Captain and the Head of IB was quite impressed with her speaking skills. Walter and I not so impressed we listen to her speak ALL the time. She is good. Lol. Voting is this week and results are Tuesday. 
She leaves for Koh Chang in the Trat Providence of Thailand Monday for her week long island trip. Okay maybe I'm making it sound more glamourous than it is. It is a school trip where they go to Team build. Okay well it is on an island, Thailands second largest island, they stay in a resort and hello I never went to an island for a week when I was in HS. 
I did apply for chaperone but got shot down, something about beer drinking moms not being the best guidance or something. Bleph what do they know. I could show those kids a thing or two about club dancing, right Ricky.   Lol!  JK I really didn't apply for chaperone, parents aren't invited but I'm secretly following the bus and hiding out on the other part of the island just so I can say I went to Koh Chang too.   Worried about Erin, no way!  Just jealous she is going to an island and I'm staying home. Hahahahaha
She best stay in uniform and no string bikinis though!  ;)

Andrew: He is doing well and starting to come out of his shell. He is back playing his saxophone. A boost to his small ego was the football coach asked him to fly with the team in November to the Phuket International Football tournament. A weekend long tournament staying at a resort to compete with other international schools in football. Needless to say he is sooooo excited.
I don't get to go on this one either, or so my kids told me.  I swear there is a conspiracy or something. 

Ryan:  Got his first cold without me and survived, I think. ;) Got himself to the doctor and pharmacy, there is a first for everything in college. 
We have received only a few texts with hey hey hey we need to talk or I have a question to ask you, but never with the full story, this is Ryan's way of asking if he can spend more of our money. 
He receive some very nice care packages from his grandparents which made him very very happy. 
Classes seem to be going well, he should be getting all A's since he claims it is so easy. Yes we all chuckle since it is only week 3 for him, time will tell. 
He is now looking for a roommate since MSU has caught up that he has none and is going to place some random person in there which we know is usually not a good sign. 

Big Papa and I went back and shopped at Makro. No one stopped us and security did not kick us out. We did not buy more liquor. We decided to leave those poor girls alone for a while or at least a week or until the booze runs out. :) Probably back this weekend!

Cheers
😘 M

No comments:

Post a Comment